Salary – Up to £40,000
Due to growth we are looking to appoint a Registered Nurse Manager for the North West.
The role includes delivering competency based training to a team of community Healthcare Assistants and ensuring that the care delivered is person centred and delivered to the highest standards to ensure clinical effectiveness and safety. You will be a committed and experienced nurse who is looking for a new challenge, who leads by example and who demonstrates a true passion for caring. With experience of delivering specialist complex care you will be passionate about enabling individuals to continue to live within their own homes. You will oversee the clinical aspects of care provided and encourage best practice.
The role will involve undertaking assessments for care packages, reviewing care plans on a regular basis and assessing the competency of care staff.
Some of the complex care delivery will include catheter care, ventilation, tracheostomy, spinal Injury care, acute bowel care, suction and nebulisers.
- Registered Nurse with NMC registration
- Good experience of complex care packages
- Planning and co-ordination of treatment packages
- Sensitive to the needs of others but able to implement action plans to address identified needs
- Health & Safety awareness
- Able to treat all people with compassion , honesty, trust, respect and maintain confidentiality
- Advocate of choice and independence
- Non – discriminatory and respect of cultural and religious heritage of all people
- Strong organisation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Develop client specific training and compliance
- Provide competency based training to Healthcare Assistants
- To facilitate and educate carers within packages, including compliance
- Undertake clinical spot checks with carers to ensure that the care delivered is safe
- Liaise with other healthcare professionals within the clients MDT
You will be a Registered General Nurse (valid NMC Pin essential) with community based experience and ideally have a good knowledge of complex care in the community. You must feel confident in your ability to assess others carrying out these clinical interventions. This experience is essential. The ideal candidate will also be ventilation and tracheostomy trained.
Applicants MUST be a non-smoker
JOB TYPE – Full Time