…become a Care Assistant today
The Human Support Group, Plymouths only Reablement contracted provider, are currently looking for compassionate and enthusiastic carers to help support adults who choose to live independently within the community.
The ideal candidate will need to have a passion for providing high quality care and have the ability to work under the instruction of a personalised care plan; focusing on the person-centred care approach.
You will need to have a calm and empathetic demeanour, good communication and listening skills and be dedicated to making a positive difference to the quality of our Customers lives.
The position will require driving between services users homes, therefor it is essential that all applicants wishing to apply hold a full driving licence and have access to their own vehicle.
What we offer
As an employer we want you to have a good work-life balance and the ability to plan for your own personal commitments. With this in mind we are offering successful candidates contractual hours and days. We have full-time, part-time and bank positions available. You would be required to work alternate weekends if given contractual hours. Shifts patterns are either 7am – 4pm or 4pm – 11pm, however these can be negotiated.
We are offering successful candidates:-
• Competitive rates of pay: £8.60 – £9.40 weekday, £9.40 – £11.00 weekend
• Mileage allowance: 25p per mile
• Enhanced rate of pay for public holidays
• Guaranteed contractual hours and flexible working hours
• Paid induction training and shadowing; national minimum wage
• Opportunity to study for QCF qualification
• Up to 28 days paid annual leave
• Workplace pension enrolment
• Work smart phone – no more paper rotas
• Free uniforms
• Continuous support and dedication from the team
• Telephone support from 0645 – 2300 365 days a year
• Progression within the company
Brief of Duties
• Ensuring that all personal care tasks are carried out in a way the service user’s choice, dignity and privacy are honoured
• Assisting with the management of medication
• Preparing and encouraging mealtimes with service users
• Assisting with any household duties that may need completing
• General compassionate support with any needs the service user may have
Experience is not essential as full training and support is provided. We are offering successful candidates paid training and shadowing; paid at National Minimum wage. There are also opportunities for staff who wish to progress in the care sector to complete their diploma training.
• A DBS disclosure is required for the role the cost of this will be met by the applicant
• This role has an exception under the Equality Act 2010 as you must be aged 18 or over
To find out more about making a difference please click on the ‘apply now’ button below or simply give us a call on 01752 875012 where we are happy to answer any questions that you may have. Alternatively you can email your CV to email@example.com.